Job Posting OPEN
Ascension St Vincent YMCA Member Services Building Supervisor
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Team Member maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals. The Member Team Member responds to member and guest needs and promotes memberships and programs.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
● Adhere to policies related to boundaries with youth.
● Complete required abuse risk management training.
● Report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
● Follow mandated abuse reporting requirements.
● Adhere to job specific abuse risk management responsibilities.
● Ensure check-in procedures are followed
● Greet and serve members and guests
● Provide information on facility services and programs
● Enroll members and program participants
● Serve as liaison between members and program supervisors
● Handle and solve member complaints
● Carry out other duties as assigned
● Meet and greet members and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a representative of the YMCA; Perform facility access control duties, including escorting members and visitors to rooms, if needed.
● Give membership and program information to walk in and phone customers. High knowledge of program information at all times.
● Provide quality tours of the facility.
● Complete all require Y trainings, new staff orientation and membership desk training. ● Responsible for finding substitutes if unable to come to work.
● Clean front and service desks, center office, and lobby (please straighten lobby chairs) ● Fill out maintenance request forms
● Enforce YMCA policies (ex. lighting policy and code of conduct)
● First responder for any emergency, behavior or incident that occurs
● Walk-through checklist—detailed info
● Follow building closing procedures
**This position required a minimum of two weekday shifts per week and a minimum two weekend shifts per month. Early morning openings, evenings, and weekend shifts may be included.
● CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen and Blood Borne Pathogen training required within 60 days of employment.
● Child Abuse Prevention training required on/before first day of work.
● Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
● Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
● Previous customer service or other related experience.
● Basic knowledge of computers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.