Job Posting CLOSED
Building and Grounds Director – Deaconess Aquatic Center
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer, the Facilities Director oversees and provides leadership of the Deaconess Aquatic Center housekeeping staff, maintenance and custodial related operations resulting in a safe, clean, and uninterrupted Aquatic environment. This position works independently under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer and is expected to determine how to accomplish tasks.
● Adhere to policies related to boundaries with consumers.
● Complete required abuse risk management training.
● Report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
● Follow mandated abuse reporting requirements.
● Adhere to job-specific abuse risk management responsibilities.
● Assists in creating a safe customer-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure customer satisfaction.
● Oversee daily facility maintenance/housekeeping operations at the DAC.
● Supervise and evaluate the maintenance and housekeeping staff. In addition, create a monthly schedule for weekends, nights and days for staff.
● Evaluates facility needs and communicates them to DAC Team which includes the Aquatic Director, Member and Guest Services Specialist, and COO.
● Manages a regular maintenance program for equipment (heating/cooling, filters, belts, floor machines, etc.). Purchase, inventory, and stock supplies and process purchase orders in a timely and efficient manner.
● Contact necessary vendors for janitorial and pool supplies. Keep updated on new products, possible cost-effective measures, and quality control.
● Responsible for scheduling and contracting outside work for projects that are projects that cannot be completed in-house
● See that facilities meet the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
● See that OSHA guidelines are adhered to in the facility.
● Assist with the set-up with pool configurations for conference and national events.
● Responsibility of facility maintenance/upkeep and be on-call for major issues.
● Oversee the general maintenance and housekeeping and deferred maintenance projects for the facility. Example: carpets, doors, locks, lockers, mirrors, trash, sweeping of floors, etc.
● Ensure and maintain that safety precautions are being followed to reduce risk of injury.
● Show an enthusiastic commitment to the YMCA mission, character development, and member involvement strategies.
● Must be a team player and work harmoniously with fellow co-workers
1. Education—High School or equivalent.
2. Expertise - Minimum of five years’ experience in property/facility maintenance, pool operations, custodial operations, budget development/management, and supervision preferred. Specific areas of expertise include HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems, risk management, ADA requirements, and energy management. Must possess Certified Pool Operator’s license (or obtain one within six months of hire), have strong problem-solving skills, and be a self-starter with the initiative to work independently.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
● The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, stand for long periods of time, and must be able to move around the work environment.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.