Job Posting CLOSED
Housekeeping (Part-Time) Ascension St Vincent YMCA
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization
committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living,
and social responsibility. Our YMCA is searching for a highly qualified full-time
Housekeeper to maintain our facilities and improve our membership experience. The
individual will be responsible for frontline cleaning, operating cleaning machines,
overseeing the continuous improvement of the housekeeping process, and reporting
● Adhere to policies related to boundaries with youth.
● Complete required abuse risk management training.
● Report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
● Follow mandated abuse reporting requirements.
● Adhere to job-specific abuse risk management responsibilities.
● Ensures unused rooms and closets remain locked; routinely monitor high-risk
locations (locker rooms and bathrooms), etc.
● Actively place the Mission of the YMCA into action by fostering positive and
productive relationships with Branch staff.
● Use cleaning supplies and equipment to keep the interior and exterior of the
YMCA looking clean and professional
● Respond to light maintenance requests quickly and in a professional manner
● Maintain inventory levels to maintain efficiency and sustain cleaning operations
● Adhere to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for
● Participate in safety and training programs as identified by the YMCA
● Perform routine cleaning tasks based on a schedule created by B & G Dir.
● Other duties and responsibilities are assigned by the supervisor.
● Assist with preparation for inclement weather
● CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen, and Blood Borne Pathogen training is required
within 60 days of employment.
● Child Abuse Prevention training is required before/on the first day of work.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
and the ability to adjust.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.