Job Posting OPEN
Youth Development Internship
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
internships provide meaningful life and job preparation skills such as
creativity, problem-solving, collaboration, communication, critical thinking,
and adaptability. In addition, the Youth Development intern will work with the
Child Care team to create an internship experience that fills all requirements
in the areas of leadership, supervision, program planning and execution,
behavior management and any other areas identified.
- Child Abuse Prevention training required before/on first day of working with youth.
- Preference in studies related to Child Development, Music, Education, Early Childhood Education, Sports Management/Studies, Social Work, Theatre, Recreation, Outdoor Leadership, Parks and Recreation, or related field.
- Ability to apply basic youth development principles in working with students through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of youth.
- Desire and ability to lead children in various lessons based on your expertise.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Be a role model to students and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Adhere to policies related to boundaries with youth.
- Complete required abuse risk management training.
- Adhere to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising youth.
- Report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Follow mandated abuse reporting requirements.
- Deliver program activities to summer camp participants in your area of expertise. Children will be under the supervision of day camp staff during all activities.
- Work with the Child Care team to develop responsibilities based on requirements of your internship.
- Participate enthusiastically in all program activities, planning and leading those as assigned.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment/supplies in all program areas.
- Complete required training by deadline required.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for students and staff.
- Follow guidelines and policies set forth by the Child Care Coordinator and Executive Director as listed in the Policy and Procedure Manual and Employee Handbook.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The intern must occasionally life and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to students and staff.